Monday, April 17, 2006

Being Cyrus

Only few movies will leave a long lasting impression and this is definitely one. Sometimes I like watching colorful Telugu movies and sometimes watching serious Malayalam movies depending upon the mood. This is a movie to be watched when you are feeling that you are little weird and different from others. Go and watch the movie alone not with your friends or loved ones.

This doesn't come under the category of thriller or comedy or sci-fi or romantic, it’s all about a Parsi family and a character called Cyrus who enters as a stranger to the family and how he changes their life. Its all about people, their feeling, their longings etc etc. Gosh, the climax was absolutely a thriller. I have never expected such an ending.

Saif is a big surprise package in this. I adore him for his cool attitude and for his dress sense (Style icon). From ‘ole..ole…’ to ‘What to do yar I am confused….’ In Dil Chahata hai.. to ‘Anyway… how normal people are’ in Being Cyrus he has come a long way. I didn’t expect a serious and matured performance from him when I entered the movie hall. He was BRILLIENT.

And Mr. Naseruddin Shah and Dimple, wow, lovely performances. They play the Parsi couple who are totally different from each other. Just the way they communicate with each other will give a clear picture about their life (I don't know whether that can be called as life as well may be you can call it as their existence in the same house).

And Boman Irani and his beautiful young wife Simon- I don't want to break the secret if you are planning to watch the movie. The guy who plays as 'Inspector Lovely' comes for a short time in the movie and you will be laughing your heart out in all the scenes. The scene where he enquires Dimple and Shah is too good. And the Director Homi Adajania is new and someone to be congratulated for the brilliant direction.

Watch the movie, you will definitely find it interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home